When you begin your crochet journey there are likely to be many things that you'll need to learn along the way. To help you navigate through these confusing waters, we've listed 17 top tips that will make the transition into your first project just that little bit easier. If you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll know all too well about these minor bumps in the road, but read on and you might just find some surprisingly helpful advice.
- Flower Bouquet
- Baby Bunnies
- Poodle Toy
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Four
- Princess Toy
- Daisy Cushion
- Doll’s Clothes
- Birthday Cupcakes
- Fox Headband
- Bear Headband
- Faux Succulents
- View all
- 17 Things You’ll Wish You Knew When You First Started Crochet
- The Best Blanket Crochet-Along EVER!
- Pretty Posy Technical Guides
- Woolly Writer Winner Revealed
- Woolly Writer 2nd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Issue 103 Sneak Peek
- Support England With #WaistcoatWednesday
- Help Change Lives With Knitted Knockers
- The Ultimate Guide To Dyeing And Spinning Your Own Yarn
- 19 Baby Toys That Will Stop Them Crying
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- View all
Your Free Christmas Tag
Get ready for Christmas with Let's Get Crafting. In the latest issue, we discover how it can benefit the lives of others to leave crafty Christmas gifts for people to find.
So whether you’re planning on leaving a gift on a colleague’s desk, popping a present through the door of a friendly neighbour or placing something in a public area for someone to find, we’re here to help. Download your free exclusive tag and print it as many times as you like - Merry Christmas!
828.5 KB PDF File
Register to download
Already a member?
click here to log in
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Welcome to our Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along! Our designer Jackie Carreira shows you how to make this four-part blanket, which really knocks the socks off anyone who sees it. Read on to find out more...
If you've picked up issue 103 of Let's Get Crafting you'll have spotted this stunning Pretty Posy project from Flower Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen (£10.99, Search Press) searchpress.com
Drum roll please, it’s time to announce our champion! Thank you to each and every one of you who entered – we were inundated with amazing stories and rhythmic poems, and are blown away by our very talented readers. We’d like to congratulate Elin Davies for her very emotive and heartfelt story. Fun fact about Elin, she sang Meghan Markle down the aisle! We asked her all about her crafting (and singing!) hobbies...
Thank you to everyone who entered The Woolly Writer competition! We’d like to congratulate our 2nd place contestant Jill Pritchard on her wonderful poem.