Christmas is coming and we can practically hear the sleigh bells ringing! If the festive season has crept up on you – don't panic it happens to all of us – then these free stocking projects will help you get prepped in no time.
- Mummy & Baby Otter
- Fairy Garden Crochet-Along: Part One
- Pretty Feathers
- Christmas Hippos
- Amigurumi Snowman
- Christmas Tree Scene
- Candy Canes
- Christmas Phrase
- Christmas Eve Makes
- Knit and Crochet Tunic
- Christmas Elf
- View all
- 25 Stockings You Can Finish In Time For Christmas Eve
- Issue 107 Sneak Peek
- Take Part in Christmas Jumper Day
- Craft For Charity And Make A Difference
- 23 Christmas Crochet Projects You Need To Make
- Countdown to… Crochet Club!
- Poppy Projects For Remembrance Day
- 9 Frida Projects To Kahlo Your World
- Make Toys To Be Treasured
- Issue 106 Sneak Peek
- 21 Projects To Make Whilst Watching The Great British Bake Off Final
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 20 Patterns You’ll Love To Make This Autumn
- The Ultimate Christmas Crafting Guide
- Why A Crocheter Would Win The Apprentice
- ISSUE 105 SNEAK PEEK
- THESE AMIGURUMIS WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO CROCHET IMMEDIATELY
- SUE STRATFORD: WHY YOU SHOULD SWAP GARMENTS FOR TOYS
- 19 Crochet Projects For Your Summer Holiday
- Stuart Hillard: The Blitzen Yarn Kit
- ISSUE 104 SNEAK PEEK
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- View all
Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
Thank you to everyone who entered The Woolly Writer competition! We’d like to congratulate our 3rd place contestant Stephanie Clarke on her lovely poem.
Nana and Grandad
We have been blessed with our first grandchild, yes it’s a girl!
She arrived a month early and put us all in a whirl,
But then into our heads came ideas of things we can make
Including of course, baby’s christening cake
My magazine has such great ideas,
I could crochet a bunny, just look at those ears!
I could knit her a cardi, out of lovely warm wool,
That she could wear in the evening just as it goes cool,
We have just retired, now we have time on our hands,
And now we have baby we have so many plans,
I will write her some poems in a big book,
With pictures to match, we will all take a look
For nana and grandad life is so good,
Grandad is happiest working with wood,
“I will make our baby a doll’s house” he said
Although that would mean buying a much bigger shed!
So here’s to our baby, our lovely little girl,
Our beautiful granddaughter, our little pearl
We have all these ideas, but hey let’s be bold,
Even though our angel is only three months old.
Read the winning story!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Issue 107 is here and we have some serious treats in store for you all. Not only is it bursting at the seams with giveaways, the latest news, and reader makes, we also shop the latest crafty subscription boxes and help you plan out 2019 so you can make it the best and most creative year yet! If that wasn't enough, you'll find incredible knitting and crochet patterns too – here's a little peek at what you'll be making.
Us creative types have two great loves in this world: crafting and Christmas. When they collide we’re positively giddy, so as you can imagine Christmas Jumper Day – organised by the wonderful people at Save the Children – is our favourite event of the year. On a Friday in the middle of December, people join together in festive knitwear, whether crazy or classy, plain or interactive, and make a donation. Campaign Fundraising Manager Brea Thibodeau let us know how it all began.
Knitted Knockers, Age UK, Save the Children – our columnist Sue Stratford tells us how she does her bit for these life-changing charities.
Oh the weather outside is frightful... well, not really! It's a bit cold though, so we'd rather be snuggled up inside under a blanket working on our crochet projects. If you'd like to follow suit, these 23 crochet patterns are the perfect projects to start in the run-up to Christmas – you'll be able to whip them up in no time to keep for yourself or give as gifts to your loved ones.