If you're looking for a little fluffy pick-me-up, look no further! We speak to the Japanese Insta star who's taking this crafty trend by storm – and find out exactly how she is changing the shape of things to come...
- Animal Baby Rattles
- Stylish Bracelets
- Dainty Dove
- Fluffy Jewellery
- Tea Towel Trims
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part One
- Party Dog
- Superhero Girl
- Teddy Bear
- Dog Blanket
- Party Accessories
- View all
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- Stuart Hillard: The Party Yarn Kit
- 50 FREE TOY PATTERNS!
- ISSUE 100 SNEAK PEEK
- 11 Crochet Projects For Every Occasion
- Knitting Or Crochet – Which Is Better?
- 9 Patterns For Peter Rabbit Superfans
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Sue Stratford: Can Knitting Improve Our Mental Health?
- Crochet Doll’s House Furniture That Is Just Too Cute For Words
- Stuart Hillard: The Hoppy Yarn Kit
- ISSUE 99 SNEAK PEEK
- 7 Reasons Why Knitting Is Back In Style
- These Crochet Baby Beards Are THE CUTEST THING EVER!
- 11 PATTERNS FOR NEW CROCHETERS
- What You Should Be Crafting In 2018
- Sue Stratford: Tackle Your Never-Ending Yarn Stash
- Stuart Hillard: Why You Need The Posy Kit
- 7 Online Pitstops For Crafters
- View all
These Crochet Baby Beards Are THE CUTEST THING EVER!
Beards are cool. Babies are cute. So of course the natural thing to do is merge the two together.
That’s exactly what Ashlee Marie has done with her crochet bearded baby beanie patterns, and we couldn’t be more giddy. Scroll down to take a look at the adorable free – yes, FREE! – patterns…
To start with, you’ll need to crochet a striped beanie hat. The pattern is a US one, but the UK stitches you’ll need are: slip stitch, double crochet, half treble crochet, front post half treble crochet and back post half treble crochet. And it’s pretty simple to make too – yay! The beanie pattern is available in various sizes as well. Make it for a baby, toddler, child or adult.
Once you’ve crocheted a striped beanie, you can make its coordinating crochet bobble beard pattern. This is where the fun starts. For this part you’ll need to use the following stitches: chain, double crochet, half treble crochet, half treble crochet decrease and bobble. Isn’t it the most amazing, whimsical, wonderful, quirkiest thing you’ve ever seen? And if you feel like you’re missing out on all the crochet beard action you could, of course, make one for yourself – that’s right, they’re not just for babies. We’re positive you won’t get any funny looks when walking down the street in one of these creations. Reasonably positive.
If you thought it couldn’t get any better, we’re about to prove you wrong. That’s right – Ashlee Marie has also created a crochet Santa beard, made all the more realistic with lots of double loop stitches. New Christmas tradition? We thought so too.
Here are some more pictures because LOOK HOW CUTE!
Were you expecting to see babies with crochet beards today? No? Well, you’re welcome.
P.S. We like to be a bit quirky sometimes too. Browse our crochet toy patterns and prepare to smile!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
The pom-pom craze is working its magic and we're all getting excited about the bobbly possibilities! But just in case you're wondering what to make, Fabulous Pompoms author and designer Alistair Macdonald shares his insights and inspirations...
No childhood is complete without a classic doll to play with, which is why it’s our favourite toy to crochet. There’s just so much scope when it comes to making a doll – you can control the hair colour, outfits and expression of your creation, making the process all the more fun. We’ve gathered together our favourite crochet doll patterns for you to enjoy, from traditional heirlooms to wow-that-looks-real dolls. Take a look-see...
As a nation of animal lovers, it’s only right that we shower our furry friends with the affection they deserve, especially as 11th April marks National Pet Day. “But how?” we hear you ask, and the answer is simple... with your knitting and crochet skills! After all, our favourite fibres aren’t just well-suited to us humans but loved by cats and dogs too. Our precious pets are the perfect recipients of our crafting talents and the best part is, they can repay us with cuddles. Believe it or not, there are businesses dedicated to providing patterns for pooches – and rightfully so! We chatted to a few of the founders to hear their thoughts.