If you're looking for a little fluffy pick-me-up, look no further! We speak to the Japanese Insta star who's taking this crafty trend by storm – and find out exactly how she is changing the shape of things to come...
- Animal Baby Rattles
- Stylish Bracelets
- Dainty Dove
- Fluffy Jewellery
- Tea Towel Trims
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part One
- Party Dog
- Superhero Girl
- Teddy Bear
- Dog Blanket
- Party Accessories
- View all
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- Stuart Hillard: The Party Yarn Kit
- 50 FREE TOY PATTERNS!
- ISSUE 100 SNEAK PEEK
- 11 Crochet Projects For Every Occasion
- Knitting Or Crochet – Which Is Better?
- 9 Patterns For Peter Rabbit Superfans
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Sue Stratford: Can Knitting Improve Our Mental Health?
- Crochet Doll’s House Furniture That Is Just Too Cute For Words
- Stuart Hillard: The Hoppy Yarn Kit
- ISSUE 99 SNEAK PEEK
- 7 Reasons Why Knitting Is Back In Style
- These Crochet Baby Beards Are THE CUTEST THING EVER!
- 11 PATTERNS FOR NEW CROCHETERS
- What You Should Be Crafting In 2018
- Sue Stratford: Tackle Your Never-Ending Yarn Stash
- Stuart Hillard: Why You Need The Posy Kit
- 7 Online Pitstops For Crafters
- View all
Stuart Hillard: Why You Need The Posy Kit
Hear from the lovely Stuart Hillard on why you need to grab a copy of issue 98 of Let's Get Crafting!
Anyone who knows me knows that I simply cannot craft without a pot of tea within reach – it must be hot, it must be Yorkshire and, yes, the milk always goes in first! As soon as I saw issue 98’s free Posy kit I knew it was ideal for making a garden-inspired tea cosy. That gorgeous shade of Leafy Green is perfect for casting on the bottom edge. After a few k rows change to stocking
stitch – enough to comfortably go around your tea pot with a bit of extra wiggle room. Just knit on the right side and purl on the wrong side for approximately half the depth you want your tea cosy to be. You’ll want to leave a gap for the handle to go through and the easiest way to do this is with short rows: knit half your stitches then turn and purl back to the start, keep doing this for approximately ten rows. Break the yarn, rejoin it, then repeat on the other side – after ten rows you can knit right across all of the stitches. Change to Periwinkle Blue – we don’t get many skies that colour in Britain but at least we can have a clear blue sky at teatime! Continue in stocking stitch until the sky is the same depth as the Leafy Green grass. Knit some eyelets into the next k row by working yon, k2tog, space these holes evenly through this row, purl the next row then work four more rows of st st and cast off. Use Peony Pink and Poppy Red to knit some flowers, you’ll find lots of easy patterns at letsknit.co.uk that you can sew onto the cosy. Using a tapestry needle and simple embroidery stitches, add stems and leaves with Tulip Teal. Finally, sew the side seam leaving a gap for the spout and make an i-cord (or crochet a long chain) using Sunflower Yellow yarn. Thread this through the eyelets to allow you to gather the top of the tea cosy. Right, job done… now where’s my cuppa?!
Make sure to pick up your copy of issue 98, and get more Posy yarn kits here.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
The pom-pom craze is working its magic and we're all getting excited about the bobbly possibilities! But just in case you're wondering what to make, Fabulous Pompoms author and designer Alistair Macdonald shares his insights and inspirations...
No childhood is complete without a classic doll to play with, which is why it’s our favourite toy to crochet. There’s just so much scope when it comes to making a doll – you can control the hair colour, outfits and expression of your creation, making the process all the more fun. We’ve gathered together our favourite crochet doll patterns for you to enjoy, from traditional heirlooms to wow-that-looks-real dolls. Take a look-see...
As a nation of animal lovers, it’s only right that we shower our furry friends with the affection they deserve, especially as 11th April marks National Pet Day. “But how?” we hear you ask, and the answer is simple... with your knitting and crochet skills! After all, our favourite fibres aren’t just well-suited to us humans but loved by cats and dogs too. Our precious pets are the perfect recipients of our crafting talents and the best part is, they can repay us with cuddles. Believe it or not, there are businesses dedicated to providing patterns for pooches – and rightfully so! We chatted to a few of the founders to hear their thoughts.