Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up and in our opinion, it doesn't get much better than a handsome gentleman rocking our favourite thing, knitwear!
- Cactus Cushion
- Bow Tie
- Party Rings
- Woodland Deer Toy
- Geometric Wall Decorations
- Bunny Toy
- Granny Square Cushions
- Cupcake Pincushion
- Love Tokens
- Flower Bouquet
- Baby Bunnies
- View all
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- 17 Things You’ll Wish You Knew When You First Started Crochet
- The Best Blanket Crochet-Along EVER!
- Pretty Posy Technical Guides
- Woolly Writer Winner Revealed
- Woolly Writer 2nd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Issue 103 Sneak Peek
- Support England With #WaistcoatWednesday
- Help Change Lives With Knitted Knockers
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- The Ultimate Guide To Dyeing And Spinning Your Own Yarn
- 19 Baby Toys That Will Stop Them Crying
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Party Yarn Kit
Issue 100 of Let's Get Crafting is here, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Party yarn pack...
It’s a celebratory month here at Let’s Get Crafting for our 100th birthday issue! Whether you’ve been with us since the very beginning or this is your first one, you’re invited to enjoy this bumper eight-ball yarn pack, aptly named Party! All of the vibrant colours make me want to turn up the music and dance like no one is watching – beautiful shades have always made me a happy chap and with names like Pink Lemonade, Lime Frosting and Jelly Red, you’re sure to have fun. No party is complete without a piñata and with unicorns being the beast of the moment, I couldn’t resist using the kit to make one. A very simple horse shape for the front and back and a 10cm wide gusset all cut from card is where I started. Join the sections together with masking tape and add the horn using a semicircle of thin card. Don’t forget to fill the inside with sweets and confetti first and create a cord or use ribbon to hang it. A couple of layers of papier-mache and poster paint finish the basic horse, then it’s time to get creative with yarn! I kept all eight colours separate and created a mane and tail for my unicorn approximately 20cm long – I just wrapped yarn 10-12 times around a book for each colour, tied off the top edges and snipped the bottom edges. Last of all, use a glue gun to attach the glorious hair to your celebratory piñata and hang from the ceiling. Now the party can really begin – have a wonderful month and I hope you’ll enjoy joining in with our celebrations!
Don’t miss issue 100 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 5th April 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Kerry Lord is a huge name in the woolly world as the founder of luxury yarn brand, TOFT. She’s also the author of two very successful Edward’s Menagerie books and we squealed with delight when it became a trilogy and Edward’s Menagerie Dogs landed on our desks. It includes 50 amazing patterns for you to make your favourite pup and it’s definitely the best yet. Is there anything she can’t do? We caught up with the amigurumi extraordinaire to chat whippets, border collies and Jack Russells – the crochet kind of course.
When you begin your crochet journey there are likely to be many things that you'll need to learn along the way. To help you navigate through these confusing waters, we've listed 17 top tips that will make the transition into your first project just that little bit easier. If you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll know all too well about these minor bumps in the road, but read on and you might just find some surprisingly helpful advice.
Welcome to our Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along! Our designer Jackie Carreira shows you how to make this four-part blanket, which really knocks the socks off anyone who sees it. Read on to find out more...
If you've picked up issue 103 of Let's Get Crafting you'll have spotted this stunning Pretty Posy project from Flower Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen (£10.99, Search Press) searchpress.com