Always stuck for what to make next? Crochet-alongs are the answer! The patterns come in instalments so you can make one part at a time. They're primarily aimed at large projects like blankets so that the final piece isn't so daunting, however crochet-alongs sometimes focus on a cohesive collection of smaller projects. Here we've rounded up five for you to dive into hook first.
- Fox Headband
- Bear Headband
- Faux Succulents
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Three
- Unicorn Horn Headband
- Heart Tokens
- Flower Coasters
- Storage Baskets
- Granny Square Pot Holder
- Round Cushion
- Bobble Heart Mat
- View all
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Elephants Visual Guide
- 9 Flower Patterns That Are ‘Blooming’ Marvellous
- 11 Exotic Animals To Crochet Right Now
- ISSUE 101 SNEAK PEEK
- Make Hats For The Innocent Big Knit
- Your Knitting And Crochet Questions Answered
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Party Yarn Kit
Issue 100 of Let's Get Crafting is here, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Party yarn pack...
It’s a celebratory month here at Let’s Get Crafting for our 100th birthday issue! Whether you’ve been with us since the very beginning or this is your first one, you’re invited to enjoy this bumper eight-ball yarn pack, aptly named Party! All of the vibrant colours make me want to turn up the music and dance like no one is watching – beautiful shades have always made me a happy chap and with names like Pink Lemonade, Lime Frosting and Jelly Red, you’re sure to have fun. No party is complete without a piñata and with unicorns being the beast of the moment, I couldn’t resist using the kit to make one. A very simple horse shape for the front and back and a 10cm wide gusset all cut from card is where I started. Join the sections together with masking tape and add the horn using a semicircle of thin card. Don’t forget to fill the inside with sweets and confetti first and create a cord or use ribbon to hang it. A couple of layers of papier-mache and poster paint finish the basic horse, then it’s time to get creative with yarn! I kept all eight colours separate and created a mane and tail for my unicorn approximately 20cm long – I just wrapped yarn 10-12 times around a book for each colour, tied off the top edges and snipped the bottom edges. Last of all, use a glue gun to attach the glorious hair to your celebratory piñata and hang from the ceiling. Now the party can really begin – have a wonderful month and I hope you’ll enjoy joining in with our celebrations!
Don’t miss issue 100 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 5th April 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
To loom or not to loom – that is the question! Be enlightened by the perks of loom knitting with our quick guide...
Issue 102 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 14th June 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's sweet-as-can-be Melody yarn pack...
Toymakers, listen up! The latest issue of Let's Get Crafting features an impressive Toymaking Special which is certain to inspire you to enter our annual Toymaker of the Year competition. As always you'll find incredible projects, giveaways and features too. Issue 102 hits the supermarket shelves on 14th June so make sure you pick up your copy. Here's a little peek at some of the patterns you'll find inside...