Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up and in our opinion, it doesn't get much better than a handsome gentleman rocking our favourite thing, knitwear!
- Bow Tie
- Party Rings
- Woodland Deer Toy
- Geometric Wall Decorations
- Bunny Toy
- Granny Square Cushions
- Cupcake Pincushion
- Love Tokens
- Flower Bouquet
- Baby Bunnies
- Poodle Toy
- View all
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- 17 Things You’ll Wish You Knew When You First Started Crochet
- The Best Blanket Crochet-Along EVER!
- Pretty Posy Technical Guides
- Woolly Writer Winner Revealed
- Woolly Writer 2nd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Issue 103 Sneak Peek
- Support England With #WaistcoatWednesday
- Help Change Lives With Knitted Knockers
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- The Ultimate Guide To Dyeing And Spinning Your Own Yarn
- 19 Baby Toys That Will Stop Them Crying
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
Issue 102 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 14th June 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's sweet-as-can-be Melody yarn pack...
Say hello to sunshine with this issue of Let’s Get Crafting. I love this time of year for the chance to spend more time outdoors and the abundance of colour everywhere you look. Whether it’s the blooms in my garden, a row of deckchairs on Scarborough beach or my latest crafting project, there is colour all around us and it never looks prettier than in the sunshine. It’s also peak wedding
season and I couldn’t help but think of pretty bags of pastel sugared almonds when I saw this issue’s free Melody yarn pack. Gentle shades of caramel, coral, lilac, wisteria, mint and soft, golden
yellow make for a delicate palette that’s almost good enough to eat! Your kit would make the most perfect crochet bunting for a special garden party or to drape along a windbreak at the beach.
Use the 3mm hook included with your pack – see, we think of everything! – to make 2ch, then work 2dc in each chain, work another 2ch, then work 2dc in the first stitch and 1dc into the remaining stitches. Work 2ch at the beginning of each row and continue to work 2dc into the first stitch, then 1dc in every remaining stitch. As the number of stitches in each row increase, you’ll see your first triangular bunting pennant appear. Work 25 rows then fasten off your yarn. Make a whole bunch of them then join together along the top edge with double crochet stitches. How easy and fun to make beautiful crochet bunting? Have a great summer and enjoy all the colours around you.
Don’t miss issue 102 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 14th June 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Kerry Lord is a huge name in the woolly world as the founder of luxury yarn brand, TOFT. She’s also the author of two very successful Edward’s Menagerie books and we squealed with delight when it became a trilogy and Edward’s Menagerie Dogs landed on our desks. It includes 50 amazing patterns for you to make your favourite pup and it’s definitely the best yet. Is there anything she can’t do? We caught up with the amigurumi extraordinaire to chat whippets, border collies and Jack Russells – the crochet kind of course.
When you begin your crochet journey there are likely to be many things that you'll need to learn along the way. To help you navigate through these confusing waters, we've listed 17 top tips that will make the transition into your first project just that little bit easier. If you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll know all too well about these minor bumps in the road, but read on and you might just find some surprisingly helpful advice.
Welcome to our Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along! Our designer Jackie Carreira shows you how to make this four-part blanket, which really knocks the socks off anyone who sees it. Read on to find out more...
If you've picked up issue 103 of Let's Get Crafting you'll have spotted this stunning Pretty Posy project from Flower Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen (£10.99, Search Press) searchpress.com