Always stuck for what to make next? Crochet-alongs are the answer! The patterns come in instalments so you can make one part at a time. They're primarily aimed at large projects like blankets so that the final piece isn't so daunting, however crochet-alongs sometimes focus on a cohesive collection of smaller projects. Here we've rounded up five for you to dive into hook first.
- Fox Headband
- Bear Headband
- Faux Succulents
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Three
- Unicorn Horn Headband
- Heart Tokens
- Flower Coasters
- Storage Baskets
- Granny Square Pot Holder
- Round Cushion
- Bobble Heart Mat
- View all
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Elephants Visual Guide
- 9 Flower Patterns That Are ‘Blooming’ Marvellous
- 11 Exotic Animals To Crochet Right Now
- ISSUE 101 SNEAK PEEK
- Make Hats For The Innocent Big Knit
- Your Knitting And Crochet Questions Answered
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
Issue 102 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 14th June 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's sweet-as-can-be Melody yarn pack...
Say hello to sunshine with this issue of Let’s Get Crafting. I love this time of year for the chance to spend more time outdoors and the abundance of colour everywhere you look. Whether it’s the blooms in my garden, a row of deckchairs on Scarborough beach or my latest crafting project, there is colour all around us and it never looks prettier than in the sunshine. It’s also peak wedding
season and I couldn’t help but think of pretty bags of pastel sugared almonds when I saw this issue’s free Melody yarn pack. Gentle shades of caramel, coral, lilac, wisteria, mint and soft, golden
yellow make for a delicate palette that’s almost good enough to eat! Your kit would make the most perfect crochet bunting for a special garden party or to drape along a windbreak at the beach.
Use the 3mm hook included with your pack – see, we think of everything! – to make 2ch, then work 2dc in each chain, work another 2ch, then work 2dc in the first stitch and 1dc into the remaining stitches. Work 2ch at the beginning of each row and continue to work 2dc into the first stitch, then 1dc in every remaining stitch. As the number of stitches in each row increase, you’ll see your first triangular bunting pennant appear. Work 25 rows then fasten off your yarn. Make a whole bunch of them then join together along the top edge with double crochet stitches. How easy and fun to make beautiful crochet bunting? Have a great summer and enjoy all the colours around you.
Don’t miss issue 102 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 14th June 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
To loom or not to loom – that is the question! Be enlightened by the perks of loom knitting with our quick guide...
Toymakers, listen up! The latest issue of Let's Get Crafting features an impressive Toymaking Special which is certain to inspire you to enter our annual Toymaker of the Year competition. As always you'll find incredible projects, giveaways and features too. Issue 102 hits the supermarket shelves on 14th June so make sure you pick up your copy. Here's a little peek at some of the patterns you'll find inside...
How often do you forget to make a celebratory present for a loved one? Well, we're here to tell you that you're not alone! Instead of getting into a panic, we've collated an eclectic selection of crochet designs for all skill levels that can be whipped up in a jiffy.