Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up and in our opinion, it doesn't get much better than a handsome gentleman rocking our favourite thing, knitwear!
- Cactus Cushion
- Bow Tie
- Party Rings
- Woodland Deer Toy
- Geometric Wall Decorations
- Bunny Toy
- Granny Square Cushions
- Cupcake Pincushion
- Love Tokens
- Flower Bouquet
- Baby Bunnies
- View all
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- 17 Things You’ll Wish You Knew When You First Started Crochet
- The Best Blanket Crochet-Along EVER!
- Pretty Posy Technical Guides
- Woolly Writer Winner Revealed
- Woolly Writer 2nd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Issue 103 Sneak Peek
- Support England With #WaistcoatWednesday
- Help Change Lives With Knitted Knockers
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- The Ultimate Guide To Dyeing And Spinning Your Own Yarn
- 19 Baby Toys That Will Stop Them Crying
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
Issue 101 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 10th May 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Marine yarn pack...
Welcome to issue 101 and your exclusive yarn pack – this month it’s called Marine and taps into one of my favourite trends, ombré! Whether it’s ombré nails, hair, lips, fabric or yarn, this fabulous trend for smooth graduations of colour is where it’s at. Those beautiful turquoise shades of Mermaid Tail, Seaweed Green and Dolphin Blue mix wonderfully with Jellyfish Pink, Coral Reef and Himalayan Salt. You could stick with the ocean theme and crochet an octopus or get inspired by the blossom on the trees in springtime as I was and make a granny square bag. Learning to crochet is fun, easy and the results are quick. There’s a lot of guidance in Crochet School on page 64 if you’ve never done it before. And if you go wrong, it really isn’t the end of the world – leave your mistake in as a design feature or unravel and try again. Use three different shades of one colour or mix and match to make a total of ten granny squares. Join them together by oversewing the edges with a tapestry needle or join with a slip stitch into a rectangle shape, then fold the bottom two rows up and crochet the sides together to make a bag. You can then fold the top row down to make a flap. Why not add a simple loop made in double crochet stitches and a button to fasten your bag? If you want to wear your bag out, add a shoulder strap with a row of trebles worked into a foundation chain. Have fun experimenting with the ombré trend and your fabulous Marine yarn pack this month!
Don’t miss issue 101 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 10th May 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Kerry Lord is a huge name in the woolly world as the founder of luxury yarn brand, TOFT. She’s also the author of two very successful Edward’s Menagerie books and we squealed with delight when it became a trilogy and Edward’s Menagerie Dogs landed on our desks. It includes 50 amazing patterns for you to make your favourite pup and it’s definitely the best yet. Is there anything she can’t do? We caught up with the amigurumi extraordinaire to chat whippets, border collies and Jack Russells – the crochet kind of course.
When you begin your crochet journey there are likely to be many things that you'll need to learn along the way. To help you navigate through these confusing waters, we've listed 17 top tips that will make the transition into your first project just that little bit easier. If you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll know all too well about these minor bumps in the road, but read on and you might just find some surprisingly helpful advice.
Welcome to our Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along! Our designer Jackie Carreira shows you how to make this four-part blanket, which really knocks the socks off anyone who sees it. Read on to find out more...
If you've picked up issue 103 of Let's Get Crafting you'll have spotted this stunning Pretty Posy project from Flower Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen (£10.99, Search Press) searchpress.com