Christmas is coming and we can practically hear the sleigh bells ringing! If the festive season has crept up on you – don't panic it happens to all of us – then these free stocking projects will help you get prepped in no time.
- Mummy & Baby Otter
- Fairy Garden Crochet-Along: Part One
- Pretty Feathers
- Christmas Hippos
- Amigurumi Snowman
- Christmas Tree Scene
- Candy Canes
- Christmas Phrase
- Christmas Eve Makes
- Knit and Crochet Tunic
- Christmas Elf
- View all
- 25 Stockings You Can Finish In Time For Christmas Eve
- Issue 107 Sneak Peek
- Take Part in Christmas Jumper Day
- Craft For Charity And Make A Difference
- 23 Christmas Crochet Projects You Need To Make
- Countdown to… Crochet Club!
- Poppy Projects For Remembrance Day
- 9 Frida Projects To Kahlo Your World
- Make Toys To Be Treasured
- Issue 106 Sneak Peek
- 21 Projects To Make Whilst Watching The Great British Bake Off Final
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 20 Patterns You’ll Love To Make This Autumn
- The Ultimate Christmas Crafting Guide
- Why A Crocheter Would Win The Apprentice
- ISSUE 105 SNEAK PEEK
- THESE AMIGURUMIS WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO CROCHET IMMEDIATELY
- SUE STRATFORD: WHY YOU SHOULD SWAP GARMENTS FOR TOYS
- 19 Crochet Projects For Your Summer Holiday
- Stuart Hillard: The Blitzen Yarn Kit
- ISSUE 104 SNEAK PEEK
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
Issue 101 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 10th May 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Marine yarn pack...
Welcome to issue 101 and your exclusive yarn pack – this month it’s called Marine and taps into one of my favourite trends, ombré! Whether it’s ombré nails, hair, lips, fabric or yarn, this fabulous trend for smooth graduations of colour is where it’s at. Those beautiful turquoise shades of Mermaid Tail, Seaweed Green and Dolphin Blue mix wonderfully with Jellyfish Pink, Coral Reef and Himalayan Salt. You could stick with the ocean theme and crochet an octopus or get inspired by the blossom on the trees in springtime as I was and make a granny square bag. Learning to crochet is fun, easy and the results are quick. There’s a lot of guidance in Crochet School on page 64 if you’ve never done it before. And if you go wrong, it really isn’t the end of the world – leave your mistake in as a design feature or unravel and try again. Use three different shades of one colour or mix and match to make a total of ten granny squares. Join them together by oversewing the edges with a tapestry needle or join with a slip stitch into a rectangle shape, then fold the bottom two rows up and crochet the sides together to make a bag. You can then fold the top row down to make a flap. Why not add a simple loop made in double crochet stitches and a button to fasten your bag? If you want to wear your bag out, add a shoulder strap with a row of trebles worked into a foundation chain. Have fun experimenting with the ombré trend and your fabulous Marine yarn pack this month!
Don’t miss issue 101 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 10th May 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Issue 107 is here and we have some serious treats in store for you all. Not only is it bursting at the seams with giveaways, the latest news, and reader makes, we also shop the latest crafty subscription boxes and help you plan out 2019 so you can make it the best and most creative year yet! If that wasn't enough, you'll find incredible knitting and crochet patterns too – here's a little peek at what you'll be making.
Us creative types have two great loves in this world: crafting and Christmas. When they collide we’re positively giddy, so as you can imagine Christmas Jumper Day – organised by the wonderful people at Save the Children – is our favourite event of the year. On a Friday in the middle of December, people join together in festive knitwear, whether crazy or classy, plain or interactive, and make a donation. Campaign Fundraising Manager Brea Thibodeau let us know how it all began.
Knitted Knockers, Age UK, Save the Children – our columnist Sue Stratford tells us how she does her bit for these life-changing charities.
Oh the weather outside is frightful... well, not really! It's a bit cold though, so we'd rather be snuggled up inside under a blanket working on our crochet projects. If you'd like to follow suit, these 23 crochet patterns are the perfect projects to start in the run-up to Christmas – you'll be able to whip them up in no time to keep for yourself or give as gifts to your loved ones.