Always stuck for what to make next? Crochet-alongs are the answer! The patterns come in instalments so you can make one part at a time. They're primarily aimed at large projects like blankets so that the final piece isn't so daunting, however crochet-alongs sometimes focus on a cohesive collection of smaller projects. Here we've rounded up five for you to dive into hook first.
- Fox Headband
- Bear Headband
- Faux Succulents
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Three
- Unicorn Horn Headband
- Heart Tokens
- Flower Coasters
- Storage Baskets
- Granny Square Pot Holder
- Round Cushion
- Bobble Heart Mat
- View all
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Elephants Visual Guide
- 9 Flower Patterns That Are ‘Blooming’ Marvellous
- 11 Exotic Animals To Crochet Right Now
- ISSUE 101 SNEAK PEEK
- Make Hats For The Innocent Big Knit
- Your Knitting And Crochet Questions Answered
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
Issue 101 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 10th May 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Marine yarn pack...
Welcome to issue 101 and your exclusive yarn pack – this month it’s called Marine and taps into one of my favourite trends, ombré! Whether it’s ombré nails, hair, lips, fabric or yarn, this fabulous trend for smooth graduations of colour is where it’s at. Those beautiful turquoise shades of Mermaid Tail, Seaweed Green and Dolphin Blue mix wonderfully with Jellyfish Pink, Coral Reef and Himalayan Salt. You could stick with the ocean theme and crochet an octopus or get inspired by the blossom on the trees in springtime as I was and make a granny square bag. Learning to crochet is fun, easy and the results are quick. There’s a lot of guidance in Crochet School on page 64 if you’ve never done it before. And if you go wrong, it really isn’t the end of the world – leave your mistake in as a design feature or unravel and try again. Use three different shades of one colour or mix and match to make a total of ten granny squares. Join them together by oversewing the edges with a tapestry needle or join with a slip stitch into a rectangle shape, then fold the bottom two rows up and crochet the sides together to make a bag. You can then fold the top row down to make a flap. Why not add a simple loop made in double crochet stitches and a button to fasten your bag? If you want to wear your bag out, add a shoulder strap with a row of trebles worked into a foundation chain. Have fun experimenting with the ombré trend and your fabulous Marine yarn pack this month!
Don’t miss issue 101 of Let’s Get Crafting – on sale 10th May 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
To loom or not to loom – that is the question! Be enlightened by the perks of loom knitting with our quick guide...
Issue 102 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 14th June 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's sweet-as-can-be Melody yarn pack...
Toymakers, listen up! The latest issue of Let's Get Crafting features an impressive Toymaking Special which is certain to inspire you to enter our annual Toymaker of the Year competition. As always you'll find incredible projects, giveaways and features too. Issue 102 hits the supermarket shelves on 14th June so make sure you pick up your copy. Here's a little peek at some of the patterns you'll find inside...