Always stuck for what to make next? Crochet-alongs are the answer! The patterns come in instalments so you can make one part at a time. They're primarily aimed at large projects like blankets so that the final piece isn't so daunting, however crochet-alongs sometimes focus on a cohesive collection of smaller projects. Here we've rounded up five for you to dive into hook first.
- Fox Headband
- Bear Headband
- Faux Succulents
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Three
- Unicorn Horn Headband
- Heart Tokens
- Flower Coasters
- Storage Baskets
- Granny Square Pot Holder
- Round Cushion
- Bobble Heart Mat
- View all
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Elephants Visual Guide
- 9 Flower Patterns That Are ‘Blooming’ Marvellous
- 11 Exotic Animals To Crochet Right Now
- ISSUE 101 SNEAK PEEK
- Make Hats For The Innocent Big Knit
- Your Knitting And Crochet Questions Answered
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- View all
Stuart Hillard: The Hoppy Yarn Kit
Stuart Hillard chats Easter knitting and tells you why you need the Hoppy yarn kit that comes with issue 99 of Let's Get Crafting!
I was very excited when I saw this issue’s beautiful yarn pack, Hoppy – it’s such a cute selection of gorgeous, bright pastels. Despite the chilly weather, these cuddly yarns made me feel springlike and cheery. The fabulous Fluffy Yellow is the perfect Easter chick colour and you could make one easily by creating two pom-poms. Simply join them together with a few stitches, embroider eyes using Deep Navy, and add a Pretty Peach beak. You can then finish it off with a little pink bow around its neck – the ribbon is even included in your free kit! They’re the perfect decoration for Easter and are definitely simple enough to get the children involved with. If you enjoy colourwork then you could use the lovely pastel shades – Soft Pink, Sweet Lilac, Pretty Peach and Sky Blue – to knit some quick and easy eggs. There are lots of free patterns at letsknit.co.uk and most of them use a short row technique. Here’s how to master a short row in knitting: for the first couple of rows you k all stitches, for the next couple you k down to the last four stitches and back to the last four stitches, rows five and six is where you’ll miss the first and last eight stitches, and rows seven and eight you’ll miss the first and last 12. This way the top and bottom of your knitting will be narrow and the centre will bulge – it’s a great method for eggs, Christmas baubles or even a floor cushion or pouffe. Whatever you’re working on this month, take a little time out to enjoy your free Hoppy pack… it’s full of the joys of spring!
Make sure to grab your copy of issue 99 – on sale 1st March 2018! Never miss an issue by subscribing to Let’s Get Crafting today.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
To loom or not to loom – that is the question! Be enlightened by the perks of loom knitting with our quick guide...
Issue 102 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 14th June 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's sweet-as-can-be Melody yarn pack...
Toymakers, listen up! The latest issue of Let's Get Crafting features an impressive Toymaking Special which is certain to inspire you to enter our annual Toymaker of the Year competition. As always you'll find incredible projects, giveaways and features too. Issue 102 hits the supermarket shelves on 14th June so make sure you pick up your copy. Here's a little peek at some of the patterns you'll find inside...