Whether you're Irish or not, it seems that St Patrick's Day is a celebration we all try to get involved in. With just a few days to go until the festivities begin, we've compiled a list of knitting and crochet patterns with the St Paddy's Day theme for you to try!
- Mummy & Baby Otter
- Fairy Garden Crochet-Along: Part One
- Pretty Feathers
- Christmas Hippos
- Amigurumi Snowman
- Christmas Tree Scene
- Candy Canes
- Christmas Phrase
- Christmas Eve Makes
- Knit and Crochet Tunic
- Christmas Elf
- View all
- 25 Stockings You Can Finish In Time For Christmas Eve
- Issue 107 Sneak Peek
- Take Part in Christmas Jumper Day
- Craft For Charity And Make A Difference
- 23 Christmas Crochet Projects You Need To Make
- Countdown to… Crochet Club!
- Poppy Projects For Remembrance Day
- 9 Frida Projects To Kahlo Your World
- Make Toys To Be Treasured
- Issue 106 Sneak Peek
- 21 Projects To Make Whilst Watching The Great British Bake Off Final
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 20 Patterns You’ll Love To Make This Autumn
- The Ultimate Christmas Crafting Guide
- Why A Crocheter Would Win The Apprentice
- ISSUE 105 SNEAK PEEK
- THESE AMIGURUMIS WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO CROCHET IMMEDIATELY
- SUE STRATFORD: WHY YOU SHOULD SWAP GARMENTS FOR TOYS
- 19 Crochet Projects For Your Summer Holiday
- Stuart Hillard: The Blitzen Yarn Kit
- ISSUE 104 SNEAK PEEK
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- View all
Knit An Eddie The Eagle Hat
The Eddie The Eagle movie is released next month and now you can knit yourself a fabulous Eddie the Eagle hat, as seen in the film, by getting your hands on the free knitting pattern.
In case the story has passed you by, Eddie The Eagle took part in the Winter Olympics in Calgary, Canada in 1988. While his skiing skills may not have been the greatest, he touched the hearts of people all over the world. The real Eddie the Eagle’s grandma famously knitted a jumper for Eddie’s mother with the slogan “I’m Eddie’s Mum” on it.
Yorkshire-based company Yarn Stories was approached by one of the film’s producers in March 2015 and asked to reproduce this iconic piece of knitwear, as well as a matching hat. “We had a very short amount of time to produce the items for the movie and get them down to the studios in Elstree for filming,” explains Annabelle Hill, sales and marketing director. “We also only had a partial photo of Eddie’s sister’s jumper to go on,” adds designer Charlotte Johnson.
Before the movie, starring Hugh Jackman and Taron Egerton, hits cinemas this April, why not knit your own Eddie hat? You’ll find the free alphabet chart to create your own design here and the free pattern for Eddie’s hat here.
Yarn Stories has teamed up with The Mission To Seafarers, a charity that cares for seafarers in trouble, distress and despair all over the world, and is asking knitters to make a hat to donate to the charity. All hats will be distributed to seafarers in need – a simple gift that is a much appreciated symbol of comfort. Why not use the free Eddie hat pattern as a starting point? Share your makes on social media with the hashtag #iKnitforEddie.
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Food is something everyone can appreciate. Whether it be a salad or a hot dog, a bar of chocolate or a bowl of fruit – we can't get enough! Therefore, we've decided to share with you the best in crochet food, so if you're struggling to diet, have a go at these stunning creations to ease your appetite.
Yarn Shop Day 2017 is just around the corner on the 6th May 2017, and we're so excited! Whether it's free patterns, woolly treats, goodie bags, or crafty camaraderie you're after, we don't want you to miss any of it. Download our Cheat Sheet below to help guide you through the day and what you can expect to find...
There's always so much pressure to please on Mother's day, especially if you have siblings. Competition can be fierce between who has the best gift or spent the most, when in reality most mums are happy just to get a chance to sit down, relax and enjoy a cup of tea without being nagged! Stand out from your siblings this Mother's day by being original and making your mum a crocheted project. She'll not only be grateful of your effort, but she'll also be amazed at your skills - you'll be the favourite child this year!
Excuse us crocheters, but as you know... we love knitting too! The marvellous Jane Doll appeared in issue 89 of Let's Get Crafting: Knitting & Crochet, and we've got her accessories here for you to make...