Don't let the pit pit patter of the raindrops dull your day! We've rounded up lots of interesting crochet patterns that will inspire you and keep idle hands busy. Choose from accessories to revamp your look, cute toys and adornments little ones will adore, and even homewares to dot around the house.
- Bobble Heart Mat
- Pterodactyl Dinosaur Toy
- Brachiosaurus Dinosaur Toy
- T-rex Dinosaur Toy
- Triceratops Dinosaur Toy
- Berry Coasters
- Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along: Part Two
- Narwhal & Whale
- Nesting Trays
- Pompom Garland
- Stool Cover
- View all
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- Stuart Hillard: The Marine Yarn Kit
- Star Wars Patterns 15 There Are
- Elephants Visual Guide
- 9 Flower Patterns That Are ‘Blooming’ Marvellous
- 11 Exotic Animals To Crochet Right Now
- ISSUE 101 SNEAK PEEK
- Make Hats For The Innocent Big Knit
- Your Knitting And Crochet Questions Answered
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Meet Pom-Pom Sensation Trikotri
- Pom-Pom Fun With Alistair Macdonald
- 13 Undeniably Incredible Crochet Dolls
- Pets Get Crafting! Knit for National Pet Day
- Sue Stratford: Drop Into Your Local Yarn Store And Leave With Friends For Life
- Stuart Hillard: The Party Yarn Kit
- 50 FREE TOY PATTERNS!
- ISSUE 100 SNEAK PEEK
- 11 Crochet Projects For Every Occasion
- Knitting Or Crochet – Which Is Better?
- 9 Patterns For Peter Rabbit Superfans
- View all
9 Reasons Everyone Wants A Crocheted Gift For Christmas
Forget trawling the high street or countless websites for the perfect present for your nearest and dearest. Here are the reasons why a crocheted gift will be top of everyone's wish list this year – and we're sure you'll be more than happy to oblige!
1. It’ll be truly special
If it’s something you’ve made just for them, it’ll mean more than all their other gifts put together. They’ll probably be so overcome with emotion and gratitude you’ll be top of the league for Brownie points for at least a year!
2. Amigurumi is just so cute
Look at this guy! Who wouldn’t want to receive this cheerful chap for Christmas? Click here to download the pattern for free.
3. They want a piece of the magic
Non-crafting muggles are often jealous of our talents, so just to hold a piece of crochet in their hands is sure to make their Christmas wish come true.
4. Handmade rocks
More and more people are appreciating the beauty of a handmade gift, whether it’s baked, stitched or crocheted – and rightly so. All they want this festive season is something handmade with love. Awwww.
5. That crafty look is so on trend
Homespun style is all over the high street this winter so something special crocheted by you is bound to be a welcome present for all your fashionista friends. They won’t even mind what you make them!
6. Everyone loves a granny square!
A classic granny square blanket adds instant cosiness to every home. Think of those folk who are sat at home pining for the comfort that only your crochet can bring. We’ve got a fab granny square series for you to download for FREE.
7. They’ll be able to show it off to their friends
Everyone likes that feeling of knowing someone really clever. Your recipient will be able to flaunt your handiwork in front of their other chums so they can see how wonderfully talented you are. What are you waiting for?
8. It’s personal
Handmade crochet projects are so easy to customise to the recipient, whether that’s making something in their favourite colour combinations or embroidering their initials on the design. How’s that for service?
9. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t?
The appeal of crochet is pretty self-evident if you ask us. Who wouldn’t want a crocheted gift for Christmas?
If you’re in need of pattern inspiration for your crochet gifting, click here to check out our amazing free downloads!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
"Eat well, exercise and make something with your hands” – we delve into the mantra behind the Weave This authors.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is out on 6th June and we could not be more excited. When the franchise returned to the big screen in 2015, many were skeptical, many were dubious… but many were wrong. Giving a pleasurable nod to the ‘90s classics and bringing us a brand-new park with enhanced technology, there wasn’t anything to dislike about Jurassic World. And this new installment is set to be just as spectacular.Why not celebrate the new release by introducing your favourite hobby to prehistoric times? We’ve rounded up 17 amazing crocheted, amigurumi dinos for you to make, and we can guarantee you’ll be wowed by each and every one of them. Enjoy...
Issue 101 of Let's Get Crafting is on sale on 10th May 2018, and Stuart Hillard tells you why you need the issue's amazing Marine yarn pack...
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a number of crafty jedis made a variety of knitting and crochet patterns that celebrated the Star Wars franchise. Whichever one you decide to make, may the force be with you!