Issue 108 of Let's Get Crafting is here! Featuring a six-ball Artsy yarn kit, tools and all the best knitting and crochet patterns, it's guaranteed to help you get the most out of your creativity. If that wasn't enough, you'll also find a wonderful short story, learn how to use up your yarn scraps, shop the latest skeins for Valentine's Day and perfect your amigurumi skills with our industry experts.
- Teeny Tortoises
- Fairy Garden Crochet-Along: Part Two
- Mermaid Doll
- Pineapple Earrings
- Mix ‘n’ Match Dolls
- Sun and Moon
- Hot Dog and Chips
- Train Set
- Spike Flower
- Baby Bear
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- View all
- Issue 108 Sneak Peek
- 5 Inspiring (And Hilarious) Winter Crochet Projects
- Be The Change: 7 Ways To Knit & Crochet For Charity
- Crochet Zodiac - Capricorn
- Crochet Club issue 1 – OUT NOW!
- 10 Doctor Who Patterns to Crochet While Watching the New Year Special
- 25 Stockings You Can Finish In Time For Christmas Eve
- Issue 107 Sneak Peek
- Take Part in Christmas Jumper Day
- Craft For Charity And Make A Difference
- 23 Christmas Crochet Projects You Need To Make
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- Crochet baby blanket Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Flowers Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Stitches Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Top Crochet Patterns
- Granny Square Crochet Patterns
- How to crochet Crochet Patterns
- Content Image Crochet Patterns
- Make-it-today-pompoms Crochet Patterns
- View all
- Countdown to… Crochet Club!
- Poppy Projects For Remembrance Day
- 9 Frida Projects To Kahlo Your World
- Make Toys To Be Treasured
- Issue 106 Sneak Peek
- 21 Projects To Make Whilst Watching The Great British Bake Off Final
- 20 Patterns You’ll Love To Make This Autumn
- The Ultimate Christmas Crafting Guide
- Why A Crocheter Would Win The Apprentice
- ISSUE 105 SNEAK PEEK
- THESE AMIGURUMIS WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO CROCHET IMMEDIATELY
- View all
9 Reasons Everyone Wants A Crocheted Gift For Christmas
Forget trawling the high street or countless websites for the perfect present for your nearest and dearest. Here are the reasons why a crocheted gift will be top of everyone's wish list this year – and we're sure you'll be more than happy to oblige!
1. It’ll be truly special
If it’s something you’ve made just for them, it’ll mean more than all their other gifts put together. They’ll probably be so overcome with emotion and gratitude you’ll be top of the league for Brownie points for at least a year!
2. Amigurumi is just so cute
Look at this guy! Who wouldn’t want to receive this cheerful chap for Christmas? Click here to download the pattern for free.
3. They want a piece of the magic
Non-crafting muggles are often jealous of our talents, so just to hold a piece of crochet in their hands is sure to make their Christmas wish come true.
4. Handmade rocks
More and more people are appreciating the beauty of a handmade gift, whether it’s baked, stitched or crocheted – and rightly so. All they want this festive season is something handmade with love. Awwww.
5. That crafty look is so on trend
Homespun style is all over the high street this winter so something special crocheted by you is bound to be a welcome present for all your fashionista friends. They won’t even mind what you make them!
6. Everyone loves a granny square!
A classic granny square blanket adds instant cosiness to every home. Think of those folk who are sat at home pining for the comfort that only your crochet can bring. We’ve got a fab granny square series for you to download for FREE.
7. They’ll be able to show it off to their friends
Everyone likes that feeling of knowing someone really clever. Your recipient will be able to flaunt your handiwork in front of their other chums so they can see how wonderfully talented you are. What are you waiting for?
8. It’s personal
Handmade crochet projects are so easy to customise to the recipient, whether that’s making something in their favourite colour combinations or embroidering their initials on the design. How’s that for service?
9. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t?
The appeal of crochet is pretty self-evident if you ask us. Who wouldn’t want a crocheted gift for Christmas?
If you’re in need of pattern inspiration for your crochet gifting, click here to check out our amazing free downloads!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
We’ve passed December and the daylight hours are finally starting to get longer, but the bitter cold has yet to take the message and go away. No problem – we’ve rounded up a number of ingenious (and absurd) crochet makes to keep your extremities nice and toasty. Even if they’re not to your taste, the comedy value will be well worth the effort.
In the world we live in today, it’s more important than ever to use our skills in a truly positive way by helping those in need. So many charities are calling out for knitted and crocheted items to be donated and quite often they’re incredibly easy patterns that anyone can create with a little practice. Why don’t you make it your aim to spend a couple of hours every week for one of the charities below?
Welcome to our first Crochet Zodiac, which this month is devoted to Capricorn! Those born under this sign are known for being practical, patient and disciplined – all very useful traits when embarking on a new project. You ensure you've got all the right yarns and tools first, plus you'll read the pattern at least twice before starting, rather than risk any mistakes. What's more, you're always working hard to improve your skills so you can move on to more advanced techniques, and won't give up on a project once it's started. However, you Capricorns can sometimes be your own harshest critics, feeling that you're not doing as much or as well as you should. You can also be quite shy, but crafters are a friendly bunch – why not seek out a local crochet group or join an online community such as Ravelry? Not only will you be able to ask for advice if you get stuck – and share your own tips in return – you'll get to make new friends who share your passion! In the meantime, why not treat yourself to something special from our list below...
Christmas might be just around the corner but we're already looking ahead to our New Year's Resolutions! This year, we want to make even more time for crafting – if that sounds like something you could get on board with too, there's an exciting new magazine out TODAY that's just for you. Crochet Club is your all-in-one magazine and kit for crochet success, allowing you to boost your skills while learning from other crafters. But don't just take our word for it – here are 5 great reasons to add it to your last-minute Christmas shopping!