Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up and in our opinion, it doesn't get much better than a handsome gentleman rocking our favourite thing, knitwear!
- Bow Tie
- Party Rings
- Woodland Deer Toy
- Geometric Wall Decorations
- Bunny Toy
- Granny Square Cushions
- Cupcake Pincushion
- Love Tokens
- Flower Bouquet
- Baby Bunnies
- Poodle Toy
- View all
- 9 Sexy Men In Knitwear To Brighten Your Day
- Look At These Incredible Crochet Dogs
- 17 Things You’ll Wish You Knew When You First Started Crochet
- The Best Blanket Crochet-Along EVER!
- Pretty Posy Technical Guides
- Woolly Writer Winner Revealed
- Woolly Writer 2nd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Woolly Writer 3rd Place Runner-Up Revealed
- Issue 103 Sneak Peek
- Support England With #WaistcoatWednesday
- Help Change Lives With Knitted Knockers
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- The Ultimate Guide To Dyeing And Spinning Your Own Yarn
- 19 Baby Toys That Will Stop Them Crying
- 5 CROCHET-ALONGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN
- What Is Loom Knitting?
- Stuart Hillard: The Melody Yarn Kit
- SUE STRATFORD: GET AN ECO-FRIENDLY YARN STASH
- ISSUE 102 SNEAK PEEK
- 12 Last-Minute Birthday Gifts
- 14 Free Patterns For A Rainy Day
- THESE WEAVINGS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 17 Crochet Dinosaurs For Jurassic World Fans
- View all
9 Reasons Everyone Wants A Crocheted Gift For Christmas
Forget trawling the high street or countless websites for the perfect present for your nearest and dearest. Here are the reasons why a crocheted gift will be top of everyone's wish list this year – and we're sure you'll be more than happy to oblige!
1. It’ll be truly special
If it’s something you’ve made just for them, it’ll mean more than all their other gifts put together. They’ll probably be so overcome with emotion and gratitude you’ll be top of the league for Brownie points for at least a year!
2. Amigurumi is just so cute
Look at this guy! Who wouldn’t want to receive this cheerful chap for Christmas? Click here to download the pattern for free.
3. They want a piece of the magic
Non-crafting muggles are often jealous of our talents, so just to hold a piece of crochet in their hands is sure to make their Christmas wish come true.
4. Handmade rocks
More and more people are appreciating the beauty of a handmade gift, whether it’s baked, stitched or crocheted – and rightly so. All they want this festive season is something handmade with love. Awwww.
5. That crafty look is so on trend
Homespun style is all over the high street this winter so something special crocheted by you is bound to be a welcome present for all your fashionista friends. They won’t even mind what you make them!
6. Everyone loves a granny square!
A classic granny square blanket adds instant cosiness to every home. Think of those folk who are sat at home pining for the comfort that only your crochet can bring. We’ve got a fab granny square series for you to download for FREE.
7. They’ll be able to show it off to their friends
Everyone likes that feeling of knowing someone really clever. Your recipient will be able to flaunt your handiwork in front of their other chums so they can see how wonderfully talented you are. What are you waiting for?
8. It’s personal
Handmade crochet projects are so easy to customise to the recipient, whether that’s making something in their favourite colour combinations or embroidering their initials on the design. How’s that for service?
9. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t?
The appeal of crochet is pretty self-evident if you ask us. Who wouldn’t want a crocheted gift for Christmas?
If you’re in need of pattern inspiration for your crochet gifting, click here to check out our amazing free downloads!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Kerry Lord is a huge name in the woolly world as the founder of luxury yarn brand, TOFT. She’s also the author of two very successful Edward’s Menagerie books and we squealed with delight when it became a trilogy and Edward’s Menagerie Dogs landed on our desks. It includes 50 amazing patterns for you to make your favourite pup and it’s definitely the best yet. Is there anything she can’t do? We caught up with the amigurumi extraordinaire to chat whippets, border collies and Jack Russells – the crochet kind of course.
When you begin your crochet journey there are likely to be many things that you'll need to learn along the way. To help you navigate through these confusing waters, we've listed 17 top tips that will make the transition into your first project just that little bit easier. If you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll know all too well about these minor bumps in the road, but read on and you might just find some surprisingly helpful advice.
Welcome to our Sampler Blanket Crochet-Along! Our designer Jackie Carreira shows you how to make this four-part blanket, which really knocks the socks off anyone who sees it. Read on to find out more...
If you've picked up issue 103 of Let's Get Crafting you'll have spotted this stunning Pretty Posy project from Flower Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen (£10.99, Search Press) searchpress.com