- Amigurumi Insects
- Lamb Toy
- Pom-pom garland
- Hot Air Balloons
- Unicorn Headband
- Fruity Brooches
- Amigurumi Bunny
- Heart Headband
- Amigurumi Garden
- Stripy Tea Cosy
- Monkey & Sheep Toys
- View all
- 9 Projects for National Watermelon Day
- 9 FREE Patterns To Crochet With Your Kids This Summer!
- 8 Feelings After Completing a Project
- ISSUE 93 SNEAK PEEK
- 13 Things You Didn’t Think Of Making With A Granny Square
- 13 Lifelike Amigurumi Animals
- A Catch Up With Arne and Carlos
- These Manchester Appeal Crochet Celebs Are Taking The World By Storm
- ISSUE 92 SNEAK PEEK
- Knitting And Crochet World Records
- Craft Your Way To Mindfulness
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- ISSUE 91 SNEAK PEEK
- Bonus Project: Bunglebees
- Recreate Princess Charlotte’s Style
- Free Knitted and Crocheted Storage Patterns
- Free Summer Projects
- 13 FREE Crochet Easter Projects
- Exclusive: Andy Murray Quits Tennis To Pursue Knitting Passion
- ISSUE 90 SNEAK PEEK
- 13 Easter Crochet Projects
- Wear A Hat Day!
- St Patrick’s Day Projects
- View all
Craft Your Way To Mindfulness
Crafting really can change your life! You will have heard the term 'mindfulness' everywhere, but how can you get involved in this new-found practise? Crafting is always the answer. With fast-paced jobs and busy schedules, it's important we take time for ourselves and make sure that we properly de-stress. In our opinion, the only way to truly do this is to get creative. You may sit down in front of the TV, or dive into a book, but if you're anything like us, you'll find that your mind is still wandering. When we're crafting we are completely invested in what we're doing – whether that be concentrating on tricky stitches or choosing which coloured pencil to pick up next. The point is, our mind is calm, and our mind is mindful. Watching yarn turn into a beautiful garment is one of the greatest feelings and is certainly classed as mindfulness – if this sounds familiar then you're already a master. Below you'll find 15 – yes 15! – FREE projects that you can download right away. Take 10 minutes of me-time on us. Go on, you deserve it. Simply click on the picture to find the project!
2. Crochet: kitty granny square
3. Crochet: granny square
4. Crochet: giraffe toy
5. Crochet: easy keyring
6. Knitting: puppy toys
7. Knitting: sleeveless top
8. Knitting: kids jumper
9. Knitting: cafetiere cosy
10. Knitting: stationery set
11. Colouring: art therapy
12. Colouring: pretty download
13. Colouring: calming printable
14. Colouring: colour therapy
15. Colouring: mindfulness download
Click here to subscribe to Let’s Get Crafting!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Nothing says summer quite like a refreshing wedge of watermelon on a hot day. Not only is this juicy fruit in season, it's also on trend! From stationery, fabrics and home accessories, it has become a sweet statement this year, so why not make a one in a melon project for National Watermelon Day on the 3rd August?
The summer holidays are here and what better way to keep your tykes entertained than with our favourite hobby? These patterns are perfect for introducing and improving their crochet skills – and they're all free to download!
Whether you love to crochet, knit or both, we all get the incredible sense of achievement after completing a project, particularly when it seems like it's taken a while. We take you through the emotions we experience after casting off.
Issue 93, on sale 20th July, is filled to the brim with summer treats. Below is a little peek at what you can find inside, but before you tackle new projects, you'll want to read all about the launch of Toymaker of the Year 2017. We're encouraging you to enter for the chance to become our ultimate toymaking champion. You can enter here. We also discover the health benefits of knitting, plus we have £4,000 worth of goodies to give away including incredible Champneys spa breaks!
The humble granny square is a true crochet classic and something that often attracts newbies to our craft. But let's face it, there is a finite number of cushions and blankets that can fit on any one sofa. Why not use your granny square super skills for other crafty makes? In true Monty Python style, now for something completely different...