- Roxie And Lola The Elves
- Scandi Christmas Decoration
- Christmas Blanket: Part 2
- Christmas Pudding
- Cable Tidies
- Geometric Coasters
- Bird Cake Toppers
- Macrame-Style Plant Hangers
- Easy Mandala
- Christmas Blanket: Part 1
- Snowy The Dachshund
- View all
- 75 FREE CHRISTMAS PATTERNS
- 19 Bands Who Secretly Love Crochet
- Bonus Fairy Project
- Crafting For A Cause: Octopus For A Preemie
- ISSUE 94 SNEAK PEEK
- 11 Crochet Truths We Learnt The Hard Way
- Craft Crush: Chunky Knits
- So What Exactly Is A Yarn Cake?
- Your Crafty Wishlist
- 9 Projects for National Watermelon Day
- 9 FREE Patterns To Crochet With Your Kids This Summer!
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 8 Feelings After Completing a Project
- ISSUE 93 SNEAK PEEK
- 13 Things You Didn’t Think Of Making With A Granny Square
- 13 Lifelike Amigurumi Animals
- A Catch Up With Arne and Carlos
- These Manchester Appeal Crochet Celebs Are Taking The World By Storm
- ISSUE 92 SNEAK PEEK
- Knitting And Crochet World Records
- Craft Your Way To Mindfulness
- ISSUE 91 SNEAK PEEK
- Bonus Project: Bunglebees
- View all
Craft Your Way To Mindfulness
Crafting really can change your life! You will have heard the term 'mindfulness' everywhere, but how can you get involved in this new-found practise? Crafting is always the answer. With fast-paced jobs and busy schedules, it's important we take time for ourselves and make sure that we properly de-stress. In our opinion, the only way to truly do this is to get creative. You may sit down in front of the TV, or dive into a book, but if you're anything like us, you'll find that your mind is still wandering. When we're crafting we are completely invested in what we're doing – whether that be concentrating on tricky stitches or choosing which coloured pencil to pick up next. The point is, our mind is calm, and our mind is mindful. Watching yarn turn into a beautiful garment is one of the greatest feelings and is certainly classed as mindfulness – if this sounds familiar then you're already a master. Below you'll find 15 – yes 15! – FREE projects that you can download right away. Take 10 minutes of me-time on us. Go on, you deserve it. Simply click on the picture to find the project!
2. Crochet: kitty granny square
3. Crochet: granny square
4. Crochet: giraffe toy
5. Crochet: easy keyring
6. Knitting: puppy toys
7. Knitting: sleeveless top
8. Knitting: kids jumper
9. Knitting: cafetiere cosy
10. Knitting: stationery set
11. Colouring: art therapy
12. Colouring: pretty download
13. Colouring: calming printable
14. Colouring: colour therapy
15. Colouring: mindfulness download
Click here to subscribe to Let’s Get Crafting!
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
No, your eyes are not deceiving you, there really are 75 free patterns! We've compiled the best Christmas projects for you to sink your needles and hook into during the festive season – happy crafting!
Here at TopCrochetPatterns.com we've discovered a secret that the music industry has been keeping quiet for decades. Some of the biggest bands in history are actually keen crocheters, just like us! And these are just the ones we're sure about...
Craft our adorable little fairy by Nicola Valiji, she's easy to make so you'll be able to knit her up in no time. If you'd like to make her home too, find the free pattern here.
We know how much you love using your craft for a cause and Octopus for a Preemie is one that has taken the knitting and crochet world by storm. As we grow closer to the organisation's one year anniversary, we found out more about the charity itself, how you can get involved and why your support makes such a difference.
Ho, ho, ho, Christmas has arrived! Many of you told us that you start festive projects in August, so without further ado, let's begin. Issue 94, on sale 24th August, is the perfect way to ease you into the season – it includes a stunning Candy Cane yarn kit that has been used to make the impressive creations below. But before you get stuck in, make sure to enter our Toymaker of the Year competition, find all the details here. In the latest issue, you'll find out about knitting during the war — did you know that crafters created secret codes in their work? It's a very exciting read, that's for sure. Make sure you grab your copy... and Merry Christmas!