We spend hours, weeks and months tirelessly crafting the perfect project, so it's vital that after all of our hard work we care for it properly so it can be enjoyed for years to come. Below you'll find some top tips for caring for a variety of different yarns and projects.
- Teeny Tortoises
- Fairy Garden Crochet-Along: Part Two
- Mermaid Doll
- Pineapple Earrings
- Mix ‘n’ Match Dolls
- Sun and Moon
- Hot Dog and Chips
- Train Set
- Spike Flower
- Baby Bear
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- View all
- How To Wash Your Yarn Projects: The Ultimate Guide
- Issue 108 Sneak Peek
- 5 Inspiring (And Hilarious) Winter Crochet Projects
- Be The Change: 7 Ways To Knit & Crochet For Charity
- Crochet Zodiac - Capricorn
- Crochet Club issue 1 – OUT NOW!
- 10 Doctor Who Patterns to Crochet While Watching the New Year Special
- 25 Stockings You Can Finish In Time For Christmas Eve
- Issue 107 Sneak Peek
- Take Part in Christmas Jumper Day
- Craft For Charity And Make A Difference
- View all
- Accessories Crochet Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
- Baby Crochet Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Granny squares Crochet Patterns
- Homewares Crochet Patterns
- Toy Crochet Patterns
- Crochet baby blanket Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Flowers Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Stitches Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Top Crochet Patterns
- Granny Square Crochet Patterns
- How to crochet Crochet Patterns
- Content Image Crochet Patterns
- Make-it-today-pompoms Crochet Patterns
- View all
- 23 Christmas Crochet Projects You Need To Make
- Countdown to… Crochet Club!
- Poppy Projects For Remembrance Day
- 9 Frida Projects To Kahlo Your World
- Make Toys To Be Treasured
- Issue 106 Sneak Peek
- 21 Projects To Make Whilst Watching The Great British Bake Off Final
- 20 Patterns You’ll Love To Make This Autumn
- The Ultimate Christmas Crafting Guide
- Why A Crocheter Would Win The Apprentice
- ISSUE 105 SNEAK PEEK
- View all
More from Top Crochet Patterns blog
Issue 108 of Let's Get Crafting is here! Featuring a six-ball Artsy yarn kit, tools and all the best knitting and crochet patterns, it's guaranteed to help you get the most out of your creativity. If that wasn't enough, you'll also find a wonderful short story, learn how to use up your yarn scraps, shop the latest skeins for Valentine's Day and perfect your amigurumi skills with our industry experts.
We’ve passed December and the daylight hours are finally starting to get longer, but the bitter cold has yet to take the message and go away. No problem – we’ve rounded up a number of ingenious (and absurd) crochet makes to keep your extremities nice and toasty. Even if they’re not to your taste, the comedy value will be well worth the effort.
In the world we live in today, it’s more important than ever to use our skills in a truly positive way by helping those in need. So many charities are calling out for knitted and crocheted items to be donated and quite often they’re incredibly easy patterns that anyone can create with a little practice. Why don’t you make it your aim to spend a couple of hours every week for one of the charities below?
Welcome to our first Crochet Zodiac, which this month is devoted to Capricorn! Those born under this sign are known for being practical, patient and disciplined – all very useful traits when embarking on a new project. You ensure you've got all the right yarns and tools first, plus you'll read the pattern at least twice before starting, rather than risk any mistakes. What's more, you're always working hard to improve your skills so you can move on to more advanced techniques, and won't give up on a project once it's started. However, you Capricorns can sometimes be your own harshest critics, feeling that you're not doing as much or as well as you should. You can also be quite shy, but crafters are a friendly bunch – why not seek out a local crochet group or join an online community such as Ravelry? Not only will you be able to ask for advice if you get stuck – and share your own tips in return – you'll get to make new friends who share your passion! In the meantime, why not treat yourself to something special from our list below...